Reach United Methodists across S.C. in an easy and affordable way by advertising your business, event, book, ministry, etc. in the Advocate.
NEW: “Here’s My Card,” a business card section for Christian or Christian-run smaller businesses, just $30/month.
- Longest continuously published religious newspaper in the South (since 1837)
- Winner of 94 journalism excellence awards from the United Methodist Association of Communicators, South Carolina Press Association and Religion Communicators Council
- Estimated print readership of 50,000/month
- Website traffic about 10K/month
- Cost is $19/column inch for display and classified advertising
- Spot color is $50 extra, or $200 extra for full color
- Advocate design services are free, or send us camera-ready ads
- Discounts for 12-, six- and three-month contracts are available, and all South Carolina-based Methodist organizations receive an additional 5 percent discount
- Discounts on web ads with print contracts
About the Advocate
The Advocate is the award-winning newspaper of the quarter-million United Methodists in South Carolina. In 2016, generous United Methodists contributed $16.1 million to United Methodist ministries here in this state, in addition to gifts to other charities, community needs and political campaigns. The United Methodist Church provides a multicultural market, with African Americans comprising 20 percent, plus Latinos, Native Americans and more. Youth make up 20 percent. Delivered monthly to 8,000 subscribers and pastors, the Advocate has an estimated total readership of 50,000. In continuous publication since 1837, it boasts a fresh look and voice for today’s vibrant church. It has won more than 80 state and national awards for writing, photography and excellence since 2010.
Display and classified advertising is only $19 per column inch—a fraction of the rates usually charged by similar-sized newspapers.
Spot-color $50 extra each color, or full-color an extra $200.
Back page or center spread guaranteed: add $35, plus any charges for spot-color or full-color.
Advocate design services are free with adequate lead-time, or send us camera-ready ads.
- 15% on contracts for 10-12 months
- 10% on contracts for 6-9 months
- 5% on contracts for 3-6 months
- Additional 5% for South Carolina-based Methodist organizations
Most popular sizes:
- Full-page (4 col x 15.875″) $1,206.50
- Half page (4 col x 7.65”) $600.40
- Quarter page (2 col x 7.69”) $300.20
- Eighth page (2 col x 3.84”) $146.93
- Classified ad (1 col x 2”) $38
- Top banner (728x90px): $99/month ($90/month with print contract)
- Side box (327×181 px): $50/month ($40/month with print contract)
- $65/K single sheet
- $75/K 2- to 8-page tab
- $85/K 12- to 16-page tab
Inserts must be on 30 lb. paper (10.5”x15.5” maximum, 8.5”x11” minimum) and shipped to or with the Advocate’s printer seven business days before printing.
All bills are due on receipt. Tear sheets are available.
The 10th of each month for the following month’s paper (e.g. Aug. 10 for the September paper). Note: Early deadline for July paper only is June 1.
Inside pages are four columns wide; classifieds are a three-column format (3.35″ wide per column). Vertical maximum is 15.875″ and vertical minimum is 1″.
- One-column width is 2.46″
- Two-column width is 5.09″
- Three-column width is 7.71″
- Four-column width is 10.35″
The Advocate accepts advertisements from most companies or groups. The editor and publishers reserve the right to refuse advertisements that do not meet printing standards or would go against United Methodist policies/principles. It does not permit paid political candidate/issue advertisements.
Let us help you: 888-678-6272 ext. 338 or email@example.com.