Job opening: Belin Creative Learning Center Director
Title: Child Care Center Director
Overview: Plan, direct, and coordinate all activities for the Belin Creative Learning Center at Belin Memorial United Methodist Church in Murrells Inlet, SC.
Job Description: Established Christian day care center in Murrells Inlet is seeking a fulltime Director to manage all operations of the facility. Must be committed to making a difference in the lives of children and must be passionate about preparing students for a life of learning.
Requirements: Director must be at least 21 years old and must meet one of the following requirements:
- – Have a bachelor’s degree (or advanced degree) from a state approved college or university in early childhood education, child development, child psychology, or related field that includes at least 18 credit hours n child development and/or early childhood education
- – Have a bachelor’s degree from a state approved college or university in any subject area, six months experience working with children in a licensed, approved, or registered child care facility
- – Have an associate’s degree from a state approved college or university in early childhood education, child development, child psychology, or a related field, that includes at least 18 credit hours in child development and/or early childhood education with six months work experience in a licensed, approved, or registered child care facility
Job Duties: Job duties include but are not limited to
- – Ensure age-appropriate curriculum standards are in place
- – Ensure licensing standards are met and assist in accreditation process for center
- – Ensure a safe environment for all children including compliance with fire codes, DSS, and DHEC regulations
- – Responsible for hiring, training, and supervision of staff
- – Direct and coordinate activities of all teachers and cafeteria staff
- – Manage all day to day operations of center including purchases and supplies within allotted budget
- – Act as primary contact with parents/guardians
- – Must be proficient with computer including email and Microsoft Office programs
- – Must have effective written and verbal communication skills
- – Must have excellent time management skills
- – Must be willing to assume a leadership role and be able to demonstrate management principles
- – Must provide a positive role model of professionalism and Christian leadership
Resumes may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.