Job Opening: Music Director/Church Musician
Greenville, SC 29601
John Wesley United Methodist Church is a beautiful historic church located in the heart of downtown Greenville, SC. We are seeking a part time Music Director/Church Musician who can create a meaningful worship experience through music for our parishioners. Our worship style is a combination of traditional hymns, anthems, and contemporary gospel songs that are sung to the glory of God.
John Wesley has an average attendance of 75 and hosts a total of five choirs. Weekly service is held at 11am on Sunday mornings. The worship service is complemented by both a piano and pipe organ.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Profession of Christian Faith
- Knowledge of music’s role in worship
- Ability to play pipe organ and piano
- Ability to accompany musical performances and coordinate and lead musical programs
- Good interpersonal skills to work with a variety of age groups and types of music
- Report to Staff-Pastor Parish Relations Committee
- Coordinate with the pastor and worship chairperson to plan and prepare church music which includes preludes, postludes, and offertory selections
- Provide music for Sunday morning service
- Lead, instruct, and play musical selections, vocal parts, and new materials for choir members
- Develop and conduct voice and/or instrumental music for all ages
- Be consistent with rehearsing choirs and flexible with scheduling
- Provide music at funerals, weddings, and special worship services when available
The position pays a weekly salary and includes paid leave.
Persons interested in applying should send relevant information and references to Dr. G. N. Williams, Chair of Staff-Pastor Parish Relations Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org