Advocate Awareness Day 2018 is set for Sunday, May 20, 2018.
“The Advocate is the oldest newspaper in Methodism, which is a great honor for South Carolina, yet we’re learning many people still do not know about our newspaper ministry,” said Advocate Editor Jessica Brodie. “We think all United Methodists should know about this important resource and informational tool.”
Advocate Awareness Day is a chance for congregations to understand what the Advocate does in fostering a connectional church, as well as some of its newest ventures, including church plan partnerships and book-publishing through the Advocate Press.
The Advocate has a number of free materials available for churches to use on Advocate Awareness Day:
- Speakers (request here)
- A brief video (watch on YouTube or Vimeo, or download from Vimeo)
- Subscription envelopes (request here)
- A short bulletin blurb to copy/paste into your bulletin
- Bulletin inserts to download, print and pop right into your Sunday bulletin (5 1/2 x 8 1/2″ two-up)
- A 3-minute script you can read about the Advocate to your congregation
- Talking points for you to read to your church
If this year’s specific Advocate Awareness Day does not work for your church, feel free to hold an Advocate Awareness Day any day throughout the year. The idea is to help your church members become aware of this first-rate newspaper and use it as a tool for stronger discipleship and connectionalism.
To talk to the Advocate about speaking at your church on Advocate Awareness Day or another Sunday, contact Jessica Brodie at firstname.lastname@example.org or 803-786-9486, ext. 338.