Lake Junaluska summer youth events “Prepare the Way”
Nestled in the mountains of North Carolina, Lake Junaluska is the perfect summer youth retreat for 6th through 12th graders. Each week will feature a morning and evening session that will reflect this year’s theme, “Prepare the Way,” (Isaiah 40:3).
Events are led by a team of college students, guest speakers, and worship bands, with afternoons free for groups to plan rafting trips, enjoy the swimming pool or boats at Lake Junaluska, or participate in a service program. This years’ service project is Stop Hunger Now, where youth groups can choose to help package 25,000 meals for hungry people around the world.
Lake Junaluska Youth Event speakers and worship bands include:
- June 11-14: Celia Whitler, Abbye West Pates
- *June 14-18: Chris Hughes, Abbye West Pates
- June 18-21: Kevin Wright, TransMission
- *June 21-25: Ciona Rouse and Lanecia Rouse Tinsley, Second Hand City
- June 25-28: Shane Claiborne and Tiffany Knowlin, Second Hand City
- NEW! July 2-5: Amena Brown and Lindsay Popper, The Adam Courtney Band
- *Modified program and includes July 4th Celebrations
- *July 5-9: Lane Davis, The Adam Courtney Band
- July 9-12: Steve Cheyney, The Adam Courtney Band
- *July 12-16: Andy Lambert, Second Hand City
- July 16-19: Duffy Robbins, Second Hand City
*Includes Stop Hunger Now mission project
“Lake Junaluska has offered spiritual formation retreats for more than 100 years,” said Jennifer Martin, Director of Program Ministries at Lake Junaluska. “The mountains of North Carolina are the perfect place for young people to grow closer to God.”
Registration is now open. Packages include dinner on the first night through breakfast on the last day, housing, and program. Three night event packages are $245 per person and four night event packages are $317/person. For those making their own housing and food arrangements, the cost is $105/person for weekends and $120/person for weeks.
For more information, please visit www.lakejunaluska.com/summer-youth , or call 828-454-6682 for reservations. For more programming information, contact Jennifer McSwain Martin, Director of Program Ministries at firstname.lastname@example.org or 828-454-6716.
Lake Junaluska Conference and Retreat Center is an agency of the Southeastern Jurisdiction of The United Methodist Church. The mission of Lake Junaluska is to be a place of Christian Hospitality where lives are transformed through renewal of soul, mind, and body.